Tree vaporizer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that's slow compared to a whole tree chipper... you hear them around here.. the 1000hp diesel wailing... then Hrmphhhhhhhhhhhhh! whole tree chipped in literally less than 10 secs. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that excavator mulcher thingie in operation..... it might even throw debris as far as Morbark's big tub grinder

Thats pretty B.A.! I'd like to try that, looks like one of those attachments that would be fun for about a half hour

except for a few limited applications it doesnt seem very practical for a whole lot. Cool to watch tho.

Not much firewood left over. :eek:

They mount these to bobcats and call them forestry mulchers. Actually a fairly common device with relatively low cost of entry. They "mow" the forest after a harvest or to clear powerlines and lots. The trash on the ground rots away over time and is low enough to maintain with a regular brush hog.

It's a pretty low impact method for converting forest to pasture.

This looks to me like a better use of the same machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.