Treecycle LLC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saf41679

May 20, 2009
Binghamton, NY
A company in Greene, NY has these for 265 a ton but if you mention that you saw the advertisement in Craigs list they will give you another 10% off for a price of $238.50. The guy I spoke to compared the pellets to Dry Creek. I know they are a new pellet company but does anyone have any experiences with them, good or bad? I think either way im gonna buy a ton of them to try for next year but am a little hesitant to commit to more than that with out trying them first. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Steve

I had the same conversation with him also. Dry Creek's pellets were not so great this past year with Q.C. issues so maybe comparing these to those is not such a great marketing plan. I'll let others be the guinea pig this year.

steve0226 said:
.....I know they are a new pellet company but does anyone have any experiences with them, good or bad? I think either way im gonna buy a ton of them to try for next year but am a little hesitant to commit to more than that with out trying them first. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Steve

A couple of members on other threads bought some and burned them, and the reports so far are good. Why not buy a bag or two and try them.....we've had some cool nights, so I imagine you could try them out.....the weather for your area has the temps in the low 50's the next couple of nights.

But I wouldn't buy a ton(s) without trying first.

Status
Not open for further replies.