trees down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
dropped 4 sycamore this morning and got to work on em
2012-02-03140934.gif

2012-02-03145231.gif

only i could get 2 saws stuck in the same log...had to get the farmer to cut me out
2012-02-03124415.gif

videos...click pics to be taken to videos

th_video-2012-02-03-10-16-31.gif

th_video-2012-02-03-10-14-39.gif

Nice trees. Nice scenery too! Carry a couple wedges with you and you won't need help next time you get a saw stuck.

Great pictures of your work. We always loved the scent of sycamore burning. The two saws look like they're "ready to rumble".

It's been said that two are better than one....

Flatbedford said:
Nice trees. Nice scenery too! Carry a couple wedges with you and you won't need help next time you get a saw stuck.
+1. Been there before, ain't doing that again. Broke a handle off of my saw once trying to yank it out of the pinched kerf. Never again! Looking good, Steeltown!

That is a nice clear spot to fell trees. Why did you decide to remove the trees?

Are those trees starting to bud?
Nice weather for cutting.
Looks like it was fun, & warm, & green grass, & snow free, & warm (oops said that) :lol:
Great pictures!
2 stuck saws???? "COME ON MAN"! LOL :)

Flatbedford said:

+1. Whenever I'm cutting I have always have 2 wedges in back pockets.Rarely have needed them,but have them just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.