1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Trees going in - instead of out!

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by 'bert, Jul 6, 2010.

1. 'bert

'bert Minister of Fire

Loc:
    East of the Rockies West of the Rest, North of 49
    Was busy this weekend moving some trees into the yard. Kind of a change for this website to have a picture of trees being planted instead of taken down. Not a great pic only shows a few of the ones I got in this past weekend. Most of these are around 10' high.

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    Looks great I have put in over 15 and have another 8-10 in pots waiting till fall.
  3. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

Bert nice job, looks like a BIG yard!

zap
  4. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Bert - in the last 3 years I have planted (with my own two hands) more than 75 trees. Everything from pines to fruits to hardwoods. I am considering taking about 1.5 acres on the NE corner of my yard and foresting it. I'm with ya on trees.

All the flags in the background of this pic is new trees. This is just one side of the tree planting project.

Edit: that is also the corner of the yard I am considering foresting.

Attached Files:

5. 'bert

'bert Minister of Fire

Loc:
    East of the Rockies West of the Rest, North of 49
    We are also on the "foresting" project we have somewhere in the area of 500 - 600 trees that we are adding to our yard. Many will go outside the "yard" along the edge of the field. A bunch will make a new working area to the west side of the yard. Not sure about planting these by hand, most are over 10 feet tall. I bought a tree spade for my tractor, seems to work really well. I will try to post some more pics if you all are curious.