Trees going in - instead of out!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was busy this weekend moving some trees into the yard. Kind of a change for this website to have a picture of trees being planted instead of taken down. Not a great pic only shows a few of the ones I got in this past weekend. Most of these are around 10' high.

Attachments

• trees for web.jpg
    trees for web.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 346
Looks great I have put in over 15 and have another 8-10 in pots waiting till fall.

Bert nice job, looks like a BIG yard!

zap

Bert - in the last 3 years I have planted (with my own two hands) more than 75 trees. Everything from pines to fruits to hardwoods. I am considering taking about 1.5 acres on the NE corner of my yard and foresting it. I'm with ya on trees.

All the flags in the background of this pic is new trees. This is just one side of the tree planting project.

Edit: that is also the corner of the yard I am considering foresting.

Attachments

• wood006sm.jpg
    wood006sm.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 271
We are also on the "foresting" project we have somewhere in the area of 500 - 600 trees that we are adding to our yard. Many will go outside the "yard" along the edge of the field. A bunch will make a new working area to the west side of the yard. Not sure about planting these by hand, most are over 10 feet tall. I bought a tree spade for my tractor, seems to work really well. I will try to post some more pics if you all are curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.