Trees - Not Just For Burning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
Trees are the lungs of the planet. And big trees do it best.

Good article.
Not really related to the article but.... without the large maples shading the south and west sides of our house we'd require a lot more AC in the summer.

I like living in the forest. When I left the Ozarks for my first summer job in Chicago, I had to drive across Illinois. I actually became agitated. I imagined a storm coming and no place to hide. Perhaps it was the lack of the beneficial chemicals released by trees. Perhaps I was facing, for the first time, being away from home. Being away from the forest no longer bothers me. So perhaps forest withdrawal syndrome is easily cured with bright lights and new sights.

I like living in the forest. When I left the Ozarks for my first summer job in Chicago, I had to drive across Illinois. I actually became agitated. I imagined a storm coming and no place to hide. Perhaps it was the lack of the beneficial chemicals released by trees. Perhaps I was facing, for the first time, being away from home. Being away from the forest no longer bothers me. So perhaps forest withdrawal syndrome is easily cured with bright lights and new sights.

Nope there is no cure for forest withdrawal syndrome. Big cities with people crammed together is a recipe for trouble.

Reactions: Zoidberg
Climate change due to deforestation of the planet.
More trees = more earth cleaners. Pretty bad when we're shutting off our own oxygen tanks to make more crap.
Me thinks we tend to bark up the wrong tree, so to speak.

Arbor Day is coming up soon. Plant some trees!

Trees are made of wood.
What else is made of wood?

Witches! You've got to be crazy if you think I'm planting any more witches.

I likes me some trees. I am even thinking of foresting about a 1.5 acre part of my yard. Gains me two things: trees and less mowing.

I have already planted about 65 additional trees to this joints existing 60 or so.

Climate change due to deforestation of the planet.
More trees = more earth cleaners. Pretty bad when we're shutting off our own oxygen tanks to make more crap.
Me thinks we tend to bark up the wrong tree, so to speak.
This is one of my major arguments against corn fuels as it relates to my area.
Allot of land owners in my area are cutting down acres and acres of trees in favor of corn fields.
I favor getting rid of corn fields and planting trees instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.