Not open for further replies.
  1. DBoon

DBoon
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 14, 2009
    Loc:
    Central NY
    Just a hunch, but I'm guessing that if you live in a condo, a log load is probably not for you... :)

2. fire_man

fire_man
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 6, 2009
    Loc:
    North Eastern MA
    I had to sign a contract when my grapple load was delivered. It spelled out the weight of the loaded truck (70,000 pounds) and said not responsible for crushed driveways. They said they needed a minimum 14 feet from ground to power lines. The biggest log was 48 inches diameter! Most were 10-20 inchers. Everyone should experience that feeling of watching a grapple load get dumped on his property, its kind of exhilarating. My Neighbors think I'm nuts. :smirk:

3. Spikem

Spikem
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Nov 2, 2008
    Loc:
    Middleboro, MA, USA
    I couldn't agree any more.

4. Gooserider

Gooserider
    Mod Emeritus 2.
    NULL

Nov 20, 2006
    Loc:
    Northeastern MA (near Lowell)
    I just wish the guy would let me work the grapple... That little seat looks like FUN!!! :coolgrin: (some photos of the last load I got...)

Gooserider

Attached Files:

5. das fisch

das fisch
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 19, 2009
    Loc:
    southern Maine
    My turn, anyone have a contact for grapple loads in the southern Maine area (I'm in York)?

6. LLigetfa

LLigetfa
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 9, 2008
    Loc:
    NW Ontario
    I take my delivery in the Winter on frozen ground so the weight of the truck is never a problem. With the first load I ordered from my latest supplier, he asked a lot of questions like how wide my driveway was, the height of overhead lines, room for turning, etc. A scout came ahead to check out the area I wanted the truck to go. I had kept the snow off the area for over a month to let the frost set and got a kick out of the guy jumping around testing how hard the ground was.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. golfandwoodnut

golfandwoodnut
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 25, 2009
    Loc:
    Pittsburgh PA
    That looks too fun and too easy. You are eliminating all the hassle. Yea I am jealous, but I just have too much I have to cut, I can barely see the sunlight here.

8. raybonz

raybonz
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 5, 2008
    Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Man that is one beautiful sight!!! Those shorter lengths are nicer to deal with as well...

Ray

9. raybonz

raybonz
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 5, 2008
    Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    I covet your wood does that make me a sinner?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.