tri-axle load of logs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in a condo, so I can’t just have logs “dumped” in my drive. If I can get them around to the back, I could process them there.

Just a hunch, but I'm guessing that if you live in a condo, a log load is probably not for you... :)

Vintage 181 said:
DonCT said:
How heavy are these log lengths?

I live in a condo, so I can't just have logs "dumped" in my drive. If I can get them around to the back, I could process them there.

Manuevering the truck will be issue if tight. Also pretty deep ruts if grass..If truck can get in, try to coordinate when ground is frozen, maybe next winter at this rate. We used to have the truck drive right on the lawn when we used to buy logs.

I had to sign a contract when my grapple load was delivered. It spelled out the weight of the loaded truck (70,000 pounds) and said not responsible for crushed driveways. They said they needed a minimum 14 feet from ground to power lines. The biggest log was 48 inches diameter! Most were 10-20 inchers. Everyone should experience that feeling of watching a grapple load get dumped on his property, its kind of exhilarating. My Neighbors think I'm nuts. :smirk:

fire_man said:
Vintage 181 said:
DonCT said:

I live in a condo, so I can't just have logs "dumped" in my drive. If I can get them around to the back, I could process them there.

Manuevering the truck will be issue if tight. Also pretty deep ruts if grass..If truck can get in, try to coordinate when ground is frozen, maybe next winter at this rate. We used to have the truck drive right on the lawn when we used to buy logs.

I had to sign a contract when my grapple load was delivered. It spelled out the weight of the loaded truck (70,000 pounds) and said not responsible for crushed driveways. They said they needed a minimum 14 feet from ground to power lines. The biggest log was 48 inches diameter! Most were 10-20 inchers. Everyone should experience that feeling of watching a grapple load get dumped on his property, its kind of exhilarating. My Neighbors think I'm nuts. :smirk:

I couldn't agree any more.

Spikem said:
fire_man said:
Vintage 181 said:
DonCT said:

I just wish the guy would let me work the grapple... That little seat looks like FUN!!! :coolgrin: (some photos of the last load I got...)

Gooserider

Attachments

• Arriving1.jpg
    Arriving1.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 376
  • a_few_small_sticks.jpg
    a_few_small_sticks.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 363
  • big_bertha.jpg
    big_bertha.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 368
  • little-bigger.jpg
    little-bigger.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 358
  • looks-fun.jpg
    looks-fun.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 358
  • other-end.jpg
    other-end.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 371
  • pile+rounds.jpg
    pile+rounds.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 362
fire_man said:
I had to sign a contract when my grapple load was delivered. It spelled out the weight of the loaded truck (70,000 pounds) and said not responsible for crushed driveways. They said they needed a minimum 14 feet from ground to power lines.
I take my delivery in the Winter on frozen ground so the weight of the truck is never a problem. With the first load I ordered from my latest supplier, he asked a lot of questions like how wide my driveway was, the height of overhead lines, room for turning, etc. A scout came ahead to check out the area I wanted the truck to go. I had kept the snow off the area for over a month to let the frost set and got a kick out of the guy jumping around testing how hard the ground was.

100_0299.jpg

100_0298.jpg

That looks too fun and too easy. You are eliminating all the hassle. Yea I am jealous, but I just have too much I have to cut, I can barely see the sunlight here.

LLigetfa said:
fire_man said:
I had to sign a contract when my grapple load was delivered. It spelled out the weight of the loaded truck (70,000 pounds) and said not responsible for crushed driveways. They said they needed a minimum 14 feet from ground to power lines.
I take my delivery in the Winter on frozen ground so the weight of the truck is never a problem. With the first load I ordered from my latest supplier, he asked a lot of questions like how wide my driveway was, the height of overhead lines, room for turning, etc. A scout came ahead to check out the area I wanted the truck to go. I had kept the snow off the area for over a month to let the frost set and got a kick out of the guy jumping around testing how hard the ground was.

Man that is one beautiful sight!!! Those shorter lengths are nicer to deal with as well...

Ray

Gooserider said:
Spikem said:
fire_man said:
Vintage 181 said:
DonCT said:

I just wish the guy would let me work the grapple... That little seat looks like FUN!!! :coolgrin: (some photos of the last load I got...)

Gooserider

I covet your wood does that make me a sinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.