Trials so far seem to produce no visible smoke.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRanger

Nov 19, 2007
British Columbia
I`m thinking back to April when I first got the bear. and other than start up no visible smoke. Fired up the beast a couple times in the past 10 days and noticed that when I shut the air all the way down (after the secondaries have kicked in) again no visible smoke. Actually no visible smoke for hours after it is shut down, and the temp on the "top of the insert is cruising at between 250- and 400.

I know that all stoves and inserts are quirky and different in their behaviour, so am not going to give a full report untiil at least mid-nov. but liking what I am seeing so far. including far less wood burned.

And in case some of you are wondering why the Fire so early, it`s because our rec-room where the big screen is located is 3ft below grade and I rented some movies and wanted to watch them in relative comfort. :cheese:

Burning wood aint' like drinking alone. You don't need a good reason. Just some wood and a stove. I hate the thought of the daily drag of the burning season but the little Jotul in the office will probably be fired up before the end of the month.

Put in a new thimble today so it just has to be tested. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.