Triaxle Load Delivery - In celebration of Arbor Day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tw40x81

Nov 2, 2006
Northwest NJ
Paid $350.

Attachments

• TEST.JPG
    TEST.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 1,209
  • test2.JPG
    test2.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,164
That's the way to do it. Nice load at a good price.

Nice! That load of toothpicks will take a day or two to whittle down ;-).

Yes that sure is.

DO you know what his delivery range is? Sounds like you're not too far from me and I'd love to get a load of load like that dropped off at mom and dad's house.

*EDIT* Eric, I know I ask this all the time, but how many cords, approximately, should come out of that load?

I would say six cords. If it was a dump bed without a loader, then probably more than 7.

Looks like pretty solid wood. I think six full cords when all is said and done would be a reasonable expectation.

Don't know his delivery range, but I'm about 25 minutes southwest of him, he's in Hackettstown. If your further south and or east of me, you may be able to score free delivery of logs. A place in Liberty Corner, NJ had a craigslist add for free logs delivered (it has since been removed) , and there was a freecycle add for free logs from Lincoln Park. I'm too far from those folks.

Yeah that driver just saved you some file-work by elevating the pile on those two perpendicular logs.Even I'd have a hard time driving my bar into the dirt with that setup.Good price too.

Is that all hardwood? from the picture looks like some hemlock in there, the ones with the stringy bark? agree on the 6 cord estimate..

All hardwood, no hemlock. There is a log or two of maple. I know there's ash and oak in the pile, but I'm not sure about the other species.

Status
Not open for further replies.