Triaxle load w/ pics!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brooktrout

Dec 23, 2007
Hamden, NY
Here's the load we got today. 80% cherry, 20% hard maple. About 7-8 cords he said. $500. now the fun begins. Also pics of wood pile in progress, and the house it will all end up dissapearing in!

Attachments

• 829096450307_0_BG.jpg
    829096450307_0_BG.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 486
  • 409096450307_0_BG.jpg
    409096450307_0_BG.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 480
Well, I guess I can't post the other pics- it said I've run out of space. Help?

I would say that's a good score brooktrout ...a couple of times over the years I bought wood like that and it was a real pleasure cutting those logs...as opposed to harvesting whole trees.

And the best part of it you don't have any real big logs to dick with either...imo that's a hell of a good deal...props to you.

brooktrout said:
Here's the load we got today. 80% cherry, 20% hard maple. About 7-8 cords he said. $500. now the fun begins. Also pics of wood pile in progress, and the house it will all end up dissapearing in!

Yeah sure go ahead and rub it in!!! Startin' to hate you guys that get great deals lol... Man what a load of wood ya have there!!!

Ray

raybonz said:
brooktrout said:

Yeah sure go ahead and rub it in!!! Startin' to hate you guys that get great deals lol... Man what a load of wood ya have there!!!

Ray

i am not quite sure where carver is but i bet you can get something similar

iceman said:
raybonz said:
brooktrout said:

Carver is next door to Plymouth in southeast Mass..

Ray

Ray

raybonz said:
iceman said:
raybonz said:
brooktrout said:

Ray

Ray

there is a BIG wood dealer in bridgewater he is down the street from the correctional facility i know it is a little trip from you but you should try him i will try to get the name

Here are two more pics- can't get anymore than two to a post, help me figure that out if you can. One of the current pile in progress, one of a particularly large round testing my "new to me" splitter.

Attachments

• 145607450307_0_BG.jpg
    145607450307_0_BG.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 438
  • 885607450307_0_BG.jpg
    885607450307_0_BG.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 419
Here's one of the house all that wood will heat, and the beast it feeds.

Attachments

• 219096450307_0_BG.jpg
    219096450307_0_BG.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 428
  • pics 001.jpg
    pics 001.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 429
brooktrout said:
Here's one of the house all that wood will heat, and the beast it feeds.

That looks like the perfect wood burning home to me!! Great looking hearth and home...

Ray

iceman said:
raybonz said:
iceman said:
raybonz said:
brooktrout said:

Ray

Ray

there is a BIG wood dealer in bridgewater he is down the street from the correctional facility i know it is a little trip from you but you should try him i will try to get the name

Bridgewater is not far from here.. My daughter goes to Bridgewater State College.. The prison is about 30 mins from here.. I assume that dealer delivers?

Ray

Good deal Brooktrout. Looks like you will be all set for next winter. Buying the wood like this is a lot easier than harvesting it
from the woods.

I have enough wood for next year in the woodshed. Worked the last three weekends on getting it. Lots of dead elm from our
place and some oak from a fallen tree down the road. I was going to order a triaxle of wood after the frost laws go off here.
That will be for the year after which should give it time to dry. A friend showed me a place where it is easy to get dead oak so
I am getting a state wood permit next week in hope of getting the allowable 15 face cords from there durning the next three
months. If that works out I will be doing the same for the next few years.

I'd love the name of the dealer in Bridgewater as well, Iceman. We are south of Boston, but near to the coast. That is a lot of wood, and a beautiful house, Brooktrout!

Hestia

Thanks, guys. Lotta work ahead. Then I get to build a wood shed- yipee!

raybonz said:
iceman said:
raybonz said:
iceman said:
raybonz said:
brooktrout" date="1207532380 said:

Ray

Ray

Bridgewater is not far from here.. My daughter goes to Bridgewater State College.. The prison is about 30 mins from here.. I assume that dealer delivers?

Ray

he should i don't know him i just see a HUGE pile of wood i mean 10,000 cords or more! i always see him on the machne cutting it and i know he has log length but whether or not he sells dunnobut will find out ... i will stop in there... tell him we are on this site so it would be good for publicity or something... hopefully you will get your wood and we will get a new member!

iceman said:
raybonz said:
iceman said:
raybonz said:
iceman said:
raybonz" date="1207539620 said:

Ray

Ray

Ray

he should i don't know him i just see a HUGE pile of wood i mean 10,000 cords or more! i always see him on the machne cutting it and i know he has log length but whether or not he sells dunnobut will find out ... i will stop in there... tell him we are on this site so it would be good for publicity or something... hopefully you will get your wood and we will get a new member!

Wondering what you're doing in the Bridgewater area... Do you work out this way and if so what do you do for work?

Ray

raybonz said:
iceman said:
raybonz said:
iceman said:
raybonz said:
iceman" date="1207540543 said:

Ray

Ray

Ray

Wondering what you're doing in the Bridgewater area... Do you work out this way and if so what do you do for work?

Ray

some times i am out that way it varies... actually i travel all over this wonderful state for the time being...
sometimes i go down to plymouth but it has been awhile... i was in tauton last week, milford, today i was in greenfield

iceman said:
raybonz said:
iceman said:
raybonz said:
iceman said:
raybonz" date="1207541143 said:
iceman" date="1207540543 said:

Ray

Ray

Ray

Ray

some times i am out that way it varies... actually i travel all over this wonderful state for the time being...
sometimes i go down to plymouth but it has been awhile... i was in tauton last week, milford, today i was in greenfield

I probably won't buy any wood till next spring but all contacts will be good to have.. Have 3 cords stacked for the this winter.. Maybe scrounge a little for free hard wood ...

My oldest son works at a Nissan dealer in Taunton and lives there too..

Small world 'eh?

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.