Triaxle of logs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
iceman said:
the other guy called today and said due to rising prices he could not do 30 a cord but can do 50 for a truck load which he said would be 8 cd

Boy those are bargain basement prices you get out your way!! You get 8 cords for only $400.00?? I assume these are tree length not cut or split correct? Are you talking all hardwood such as oak or maple? Hell you could cut and split and make serious profit for your labor..

Ray

The best I have ever done was last year and I was gettign log length for $65/cord

Adirondackwoodburner said:
hey thanks, so do I in that pic, doesnt look that great in person! haha. That is one of the reasons why we went with the Avalon, the clearances seem to be much less than others, and believe it or not, all of the clearances were met and then some. I thought at first we were gonna have to do something with the walls etc but nope. I ahve felt the walls periodically when I have the hottest fire going and they have never been only slightly warm. I can literally place my hand on the back of the stove without having to move it

Clearances like that are a good feature and save lots of room space for sure... What are the clearance spec on your stove?

Ray

raybonz said:
iceman said:
the other guy called today and said due to rising prices he could not do 30 a cord but can do 50 for a truck load which he said would be 8 cd

Boy those are bargain basement prices you get out your way!! You get 8 cords for only $400.00?? I assume these are tree length not cut or split correct? Are you talking all hardwood such as oak or maple? Hell you could cut and split and make serious profit for your labor..

Ray

they are all hardwood.. i have another friend who uses this guy and he gets 260 for a truck load csd which in his truck runs 1 1/4 -1 1/5 supposedly
but thats wht a lot of people do around here they get it like that and sell it 175-200 cd

For stove sidewall 16" back - 10"
For pipe its 12.25"

The best I have ever done was last year and I was gettign log length for $65/cord

10 years ago back when I used to sell firewood I could buy logs for $35- $40 /full cord . Of course I could only get $75-$80/cord cut split and delivered.

For stove sidewall 16" back - 10"
For pipe its 12.25"

Excellent specs!

Thanx,
Ray

the 400 truck load his business is less than 10 miles frm house
my Friend like i said works for a national company so i am sure its prolly all his profit
i have gotten some 750-800 prices from people a lot further away BEFORE the latest fuel surge

and of course cash only

oh I definatly believe it. It is really all in where the guy is getting his trees from. For me, the logger that I deal with is gonna be working right up the road from me in another week or so. He has to drive past my house to goto the mill.

oh I definatly believe it. It is really all in where the guy is getting his trees from. For me, the logger that I deal with is gonna be working right up the road from me in another week or so. He has to drive past my house to goto the mill.

i almost make an acre i wish i had at least 3 then i could really stock up

Status
Not open for further replies.