Tribute or Castleton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Okiedairyman

Oct 25, 2016
Oklahoma
We are looking at getting a wood stove. My wife and I like the looks of the Hearthstone line. I am torn on which one. We live in a single wide manufactured home. Total area is roughly 1056 sq ft. I am thinking either the Castleton or the Tribute.(I would be open to other suggestions.) I am worried about getting too small of stove but yet I do not want one that will "burn us out" of the house. It will be used as our main heat source. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I will be putting the stove in the corner of the living room.

Attachments

• 370.jpg
    370.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 96
I'd go with the castelton just because of the size, if I had to choose between the 2. It's very frustrating trying to fit logs into the tribute and it will not burn all night. If it were me I'd look into a Blaze King Ashford 20. This particular catalytic stove can burn very slow while being efficient. It will still have wood in it by morning, whereas these others will likely have nothing more than a spark.
http://www.blazeking.com/EN/wood-ashford20.html

Status
Not open for further replies.