Tried Freedom Fuel Pellets from HD and Infernos from Lowes...what I found

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sydney1963

Oct 4, 2008
Windham Maine
Just ran out of pellet stock from last season and bought a couple of bags of Freedom Fuel. Not bad, $5.83 per bag, no fines, throw lots of heat, will keep you updated on the ash.

Sydney, I was just over at Lowes a few days ago, and picked-up a couple bags of Amer. Wood fiber......much better pellet than the Freedom Fuel (I test burned a few bags of that last winter), and were only $4.98/bag here. Besides the AWF, mine also had the Clean Energy and Pres-to-logs too. I'd burn any of them before the Freedom.

You have a Lowes near you...do they sell pellets?

Why yes Lowes does, my boyfriend brought home 4 bags of Inferno pellets tonight from Lowes, will try those as well, and will let you know. Love this ability and flexibility to buy as you go but probably not the most cost effective. Nothing has jammed the chute so far. LOL

sydney1963 said:
.....my boyfriend brought home 4 bags of Inferno pellets tonight from Lowes,
:ahhh: If your boyfriend really loves you, he will return them to Lowes....they are BAD! I'm not sure I'd even give them to my worst enemy......well, maybe.

They are THE WORST pellets I have ever burned...lots of nasty fines, poor heat, smell bad. Do a search and you'll find that most anyone else that burned them will agree.

Tell your boyfriend "thank you for getting the pellets dear, but please now TAKE THEM BACK!".

macman said:
:ahhh: If your boyfriend really loves you, he will return them to Lowes....they are BAD! I'm not sure I'd even give them to my worst enemy......well, maybe.

Tell your boyfriend "thank you for getting the pellets dear, but please now TAKE THEM BACK!".

LOL

I brought my girlfriend Okies when she was out due to a day late pellet delivery. I guess that's true love !!!!!!
I threatened her with Greene Teams if she runs out in the future :lol:

Not much of a threat though

Freedom Fuel pellets throw nice heat but sure are dirty. Lots of black soot on the glass and one big honkin clinker in the burn pot this morning. I miss my Penningtons, Oh well.

sydney1963 said:
Freedom Fuel pellets throw nice heat but sure are dirty. Lots of black soot on the glass and one big honkin clinker in the burn pot this morning. I miss my Penningtons, Oh well.

You DID make your boyfriend return the Infernos, right Syd? They are WAY worse than the Freedom Fuel.

gbreda said:
macman said:

LOL

I brought my girlfriend Okies when she was out due to a day late pellet delivery. I guess that's true love !!!!!!
I threatened her with Greene Teams if she runs out in the future :lol:

Not much of a threat though

Inferno's and ACP's would be a threat! Poor girl would freeze!

Okies=rose's
Greene Teams=Daisy's
Well to a girl anyway. Something different for us boys. Like beer brand's

macman said:
sydney1963 said:

You DID make your boyfriend return the Infernos, right Syd? They are WAY worse than the Freedom Fuel.

I don't want to hurt his feelings (he's so proud of his purchase $5.38 per bag) so I will burn one bag, complain about them first and then make him take the rest back. LOL

jtakeman said:
Inferno's and ACP's would be a threat! Poor girl would freeze!

Okies=rose's
Greene Teams=Daisy's
Well to a girl anyway. Something different for us boys. Like beer brand's

So then would sending a ton of Inferno's work like a Dear Jane letter??

Not that I'm looking for that, just clarifying :cheese:

She is definately worth the Okies :)

Ok, Freedom Fuel seemed to burn a tad hotter but really dirty (black soot on glass, big clinker in the burn pot after 9 hours), no fines to speak of. Infernos, very clean burn, way less ash than Freedom and didn't throw off quite as much heat (though temps were a lot colder during their use). Inferno pellets were very small and broken up and didn't notice a lot of fines in the bag. I would buy Infernos again.

sydney1963 said:
Ok, Freedom Fuel seemed to burn a tad hotter but really dirty (black soot on glass, big clinker in the burn pot after 9 hours), no fines to speak of. Infernos, very clean burn, way less ash than Freedom and didn't throw off quite as much heat (though temps were a lot colder during their use). Inferno pellets were very small and broken up and didn't notice a lot of fines in the bag. I would buy Infernos again.

Now you've got Mac confused....

krooser said:
sydney1963 said:

Now you've got Mac confused....
You got that right Kroos

I am serious macman!!! I like these pellets. I'm talkin half the ash build up and not one single clinker in the burn pot after 10-12 hours of burn time. Maybe my stove just likes them and I got a good batch.

Syd baby, whatever floats your boat. If they work good for you, great. Who knows, maybe they started making changes to their pellets to make them better, and you got some.

Good luck! :)

Love ya, macman!!! Oh, and by the way above your picture it says you are Inferno!!! LOL

sydney1963 said:
Love ya, macman!!! Oh, and by the way above your picture it says you are Inferno!!! LOL
Yes, I AM hot! ;-) (but not a pellet)

Status
Not open for further replies.