Tried stacking some wood today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got about a cord or better done today... Bro-in-Law stopped by and I took full advantage of it.

Thermo's read over 100° (I have 2 outdoor sensors in the shade, right next to each other). At the hottest, one was 104.5°, the other 101.1°… I took a pic a little bit ago after getting out the shower and it was 100° even. HOT!!

The stack is just over 3' tall and 33' wide. I was soaked when we came in... Soaked.

Its best to do it as described above. Half hour here, hour there, etc... hot.jpg 2012-07-04_20-22-02_69.jpg 2012-07-04_20-19-53_701.jpg

Wife just told me it hit 100 on the thermo at about 3. I was outside and in the water by then so missed that. She went to get the camera and when she got back it dropped to 99.

I split about a 1/4 cord today and stacked that and another 3/4'cord I had split. Wow it was hot! Ended up stacking in my undies, lucky for my neighbors we have a very private backyard. And I know pics or it didn't happen, but in this case I don't think you want to see that.

Reactions: Locust Post
When it gets above 80 or so degrees I tend to volunteer to vacuum the pool . . . skim the pool . . . clean the pool sides . . . etc. Wood can wait . . . that's why I worked hard in the Spring and Fall.

Reactions: Locust Post
When it gets above 80 or so degrees I tend to volunteer to vacuum the pool . . . skim the pool . . . clean the pool sides . . . etc. Wood can wait . . . that's why I worked hard in the Spring and Fall.
+10
That's where I like to spend my energy at this time of year.

Well this is the latest I've ever been stacking wood. However, sometimes things don't go as planned. Stacked another row this morning. Probably will do another row tomorrow.

Well this is the latest I've ever been stacking wood. However, sometimes things don't go as planned. Stacked another row this morning. Probably will do another row tomorrow.

I just got back in. Finished my 2nd row. This pic is from the other day (unfinished 2nd row/ broke big toe!) But both stacks are now at just over 4' tall. (The 2 stacks are even/ Posts on the end are 6' posts, with about 5' out of ground).... Not walking back to take another pic (Toe hurts still! !!).

Starting next yr (this Cold season) I will only cut in the Fall, Winter, and Spring.. But I sold some wood last year to a couple friends and family in need... So I have to catch back up. (Im caught up, but have to finsh C/S/S what I have left).

2012-07-06_20-41-06_114.jpg

Dexter, I sure hope that toe stops hurting soon for you. Has to be miserable.

Status
Not open for further replies.