Tried to wait till October but 37 here this morning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roadking88

Feeling the Heat
Jun 20, 2011
central Maine
Well it's a done deal..the first burn is history...I had 37 this morning so i touched her off for a few minutes get the chill out..Still got the a.c.'s in the window so cold air coming thru that..lol
Oh well that time again..

Also Fired up this morning to take chill off back room
2::C at 6am same again for Sunday stove will be on again
not the earliest but not the latest here

Yeah,Sunday Sept 25th for me, in the evening. It came on overnight once or twice too. I ran it this morning ( Mon the 26th) for a while , it's off now but it going to warm up anyway. First official fire of this particular stoves 4th season though. And for heat, not just a trial run. I suspect we won't use it again for a while now, it's supposed be 70deg F later this week here. What ever, it is what it is.

Reactions: jackhammer
I'm still not ready to run it, but it has gotten to the point that I did the fall cleaning and a couple of test fires to ensure operation. All looks good.

Reactions: jackhammer
Status
Not open for further replies.