Trim has little effect on Harman Accentra

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Minister of Fire
May 8, 2011
midwest
I woke up to pellet embers being pushed off the lip of the firepot. The trim was on about 4. I have reduced it over the course of 6 hours to 2 and its still pushing embers over the edge. What gives?​

I keep mine set at 3. Maybe it's time for a deep clean.

stove dirty,exhaust or intake restricted,probe very dirty or going bad,combustion motor not running at proper speed,sudden air leak into combustion area(torn gasket.Kinda listed them in order,but not really ==c

Laying odds on the stove needing cleaning. The ESP if not clean starts feeding extra fuel. I usually catch mine as I watch the amount of chow the stove goes thu daily.

Deep cleaned 3 weeks ago including leaf blower.

We just had a new member with a stove issue even though he had a cleaned it 2 weeks before. He went and during the cleaning found his issue. When I first joined the forum the running moto was "if in doubt clean it again"
A good cleaning basically a way to go through and check everything that makes to stove run. I've had the ESP get gunked up pretty good when not running the system very hard-les frequently. Like a car, short runs and stop and go are the most wearing.

Reactions: bags
Probably the esp. It's set on 65* room temp and it's 78* in here. Maybe the ecu is titts up.

Sounds like the ESP isn't sending enough juice back to the board then to taper the fuel down. I just filled stoves and went thru 80 lbs of fuel in the Harman and about 25 in the Bixby in the last 24 hours. Todays whopping high of -3, sunny and no wind so never needed to fire the Elena. Looking to be one of the coldest starts to a new year in a decade