Trimmer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BucksCounty

Feeling the Heat
Jan 11, 2009
Southeast PA
Ok, I know it is doesn't have to do with splitting wood, but everyone on here knows the brands and the good gear, so I figured I'd ask. I am going to purchase a hedge trimmer, but I just don't know which to get. My entire backyard is lined with hedges and these things just go crazy. It will definitely be worth it to buy a good trimmer and it is time to get it. My friend has a Stihl and swears by it. What about the Echo? Any thoughts and suggestions?

Echo makes a great one. I've used both and there both good. I'm an Echo man when it comes to that. They are pricey though. There are cheaper and also electric ones you can go with, Little wonder make a commercial grade electric.

wood spliter said:
Echo makes a great one. I've used both and there both good. I'm an Echo man when it comes to that. They are pricey though. There are cheaper and also electric ones you can go with, Little wonder make a commercial grade electric.

+1 the echo are awesome hedge trimmers and can take out a lot of metrial very quick.

I started with the cheep poulan and hated it, bought the echo and when I took it out of the box the handle was broken off. Brought it back and they did not have another so I went to the commercial dealer and bought a red max trimmer. It has been working great for 3 years already and it is what all of the landscapers use around here. I think going with Stihl, echo, red max you cannot go wrong. I would choose by what the local guy sells.

Status
Not open for further replies.