triple wall upside down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty Grant

Feb 10, 2006
Hi I bought a cabin a couple of years ago that has the triple wall pipe installed upside down,I found this when I was looking into installing a "magic heat exchanger", the single wall is also crimp up.The pipe runs up 8ft single wall to triple wall ameri-vent 8ft (one piece) that goes through 4in ceiling-steel roof
The roof is very steep and 20 ft high so it would be difficult to turn it right side up. If it will work Iwould like to pull out the single wall out, turn it right side up and leave the triple wall as is. There hasn't been any cresote running out of joints . but is there a problem with the triple wall like that ? It seems to be working great the way it is.Thanks for any help you can give
Ty

Status
Not open for further replies.