triplewall temps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not hot enough to start anything 2" away on fire.

I have insulated double wall. I can hold my hand on the cleanout/wall thimble when the stove is cooking. It is barely warm. As a matter of fact, there is currently ice on the bracket nest to the pipe.

I DON'T KNOW HOW HOT IT IS SUPPOSED TO GET. I DO KNOW I CAN PLACE MY HAND ON MINE WHEN THE STOVE IS RUNNING AT 400 OR SO. THE PLACE I CAN TOUCH/REACH IS ABOUT 20 FEET UP INSIDE THE CHASE. THE POINT OF IT'S RATING IS THAT IT WON'T CATCH ANYTHING ON FIRE THAT IS THE PROPER DISTANCE AWAY.

Whew.. out'a breath from all that yelling...

;-)

Please provide surface temps on the pipe while there is a raging 2000F chimney fire happening inside this pipe.

I would like to know this as well.. Would say 140 be too hot? Mine is outside and stays cold (I know right?) but those that run through a chase would it be much hotter?

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.