Trolla 105a stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corin Meehan

Nov 7, 2016
Maine
Does anyone know much about Trolla stoves? A Jotul 602 would be appropriate for my cottage but I like that the Trolla models I've found for sale (105A and 495A, though the one listed as a 495A looks just like the 105A so it could be a typo by the seller) take a 16" log and are firebrick lined. Plus they're priced nicely. How do these compare to the 602 in terms of heat output and efficiency? I can't turn up any info on them on Google other than that they're Norwegian and that the company was bought out by Jotul when they closed. Thanks in advance.

I just picked one up for $200, the only info I found is in Norwegian and it is supposed to be 8kw which is about 28000 btu. Previous owner said it can go for 5-6 hours depending on the wood, but it won't go all night. It is a nice looking stove and with some polish will make it even better. It's made in Norway so you know it is quality stove, not some cheap crap from china.

Status
Not open for further replies.