Trouble Cleaning Bottom of Chimney Pipe.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleby

Feb 16, 2008
Eastern PA
So I have run into a little snag here at the bottom of my chimney pipe. I have flexible pipe that makes about the tightest bend I can squeeze out of it right where it comes out of the chimeny to the stove. The bend is too tight for my flexible cleaning rod to make the bend so I have a 2-3 foot section of pipe that I am really having trouble cleaning. The Jotul Oslo is not very friendly for going up from the the lower end either. I could take off the rear peice to the Oslo but that seems like the worst option as it is painstaking at this point. Any bright ideas for getting these last few feet cleaned up so I don't have a problem down the road????

DSC00979.jpg

DSC00977.jpg

Why don't you remove the liner from the top of the unit, turn the flue collar to the rear & add a tee into the system??
That should eliminate your problem, IMHO...

That's an awesome looking thermal mass you have there! Love it!

Shari

Status
Not open for further replies.