trouble finding 4 inch triple wall for my godin

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jazz

Nov 5, 2007
idaho
Does anyone know where I can get double or triple wall pipe for my small (3720) godin stove.The outside diameter of the vent is 3 3/4 inches, so I assume I need 4 inch stovepipe. I am installing it in my yurt. I can get single wall, but that's it. I will also need to know the outside diameter of the pipe so I can try to get a gasketed tarp piece to attach to the roof. Has anyone done this with this type of stove? Other than expense, it seems like the perfect thing for my yurt. Thanks from Idaho.

As far as I know, 4" class A pipe doesn't exist in the US. You could step it to 5" pipe, as I know that is relatively easily found in class A insulated pipe. I'll check with some people and see, but right now I'm thinking the conversion to 5" might be your best chance.

If you use the search function, there was a thread a few weeks back about putting a wood stove in a tree house, with discussion of little stoves - there was a company that made a marine stove called "Little Cod" among others. They sold the stoves along w/ piping and various fittings for them intended for use in boats. I think they may have had some stuff that would work for you, possibly including appropriate pipes. Might be a useful site for you to look at in any case, as I would imagine that you and a boat owner would be needing to deal with similar issues of having to deal with materials that aren't your standard American "house building stuff"...

Gooserider

jazz said:
Does anyone know where I can get double or triple wall pipe for my small (3720) godin stove.The outside diameter of the vent is 3 3/4 inches, so I assume I need 4 inch stovepipe. I am installing it in my yurt. I can get single wall, but that's it. I will also need to know the outside diameter of the pipe so I can try to get a gasketed tarp piece to attach to the roof. Has anyone done this with this type of stove? Other than expense, it seems like the perfect thing for my yurt. Thanks from Idaho.

I would use either a 5" or 6" ID chimney system and then connect to the chimney with a 4 x 5 or 4 x 6 adapter.

I found the link to the site I was mentioning earlier (i.e. someone else posted it in another thread :coolsmile: ) it is Navigator Stove Works They did show some pipes in their Accessories page, and also mentioned Selkirk as a source for 4" insulated pipe - not sure of details beyond that, but hope it might help.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.