jhambley Posted By jhambley, Nov 27, 2012 at 4:03 PM

1. jhambley

jhambley
    Member 2.
    NULL

Sep 16, 2009
    Loc:
    East Central Kansas
    I called all the dealers listed on the BlazeKing zip code lookup and they said they never sold the BlazeKing. Weird. Called BlazeKing and they suggested I call their distributor in Nebraska. I'm about 1.5 hours south of Kansas City, KS. Can anyone suggest a great place to buy a BK Princess Ultra?

2. jeff_t

jeff_t
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 14, 2008
    Loc:
    SE MI
    If they gave you the number to the distributor, try it. Somebody just ordered one and is having it shipped directly, because there is no dealer near, but I don't remember who.

3. jhambley

jhambley
    Member 2.
    NULL

Sep 16, 2009
    Loc:
    East Central Kansas
    I already called the Distributor in Nebraska. They are looking into it and are supposed to call me back...but no answer yet.

4. Highbeam

Highbeam
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 28, 2006
    Loc:
    Cascade Foothills, WA
    It could be that the intention was to have that Nebraska distributor hook you up with a local retailer that actually buys stoves from BK.

5. Kevin*

Kevin*
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Nov 29, 2011
    Loc:
    Monroe, WA
    Can't help but good luck, i had to drive 1 hr then take a 1 hr fairy ride then drive another 15 mins.

6. jhambley

jhambley
    Member 2.
    NULL

Sep 16, 2009
    Loc:
    East Central Kansas
    Was it worth it?

7. David Tackett

David Tackett
    Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 17, 2012
    Loc:
    Waynesburg, Kentucky
    I had the same problem. I wanted a BK, but couldn't find a dealer nearby at all.

8. jtb51b

jtb51b
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 24, 2007
    Loc:
    Birmingham AL
    I had the same problem, there were 2 dealers listed in TN (I am in Alabama, both were 150+ miles away) but both said they did not sell Blaze kings. I went the route of ordering one from a distant dealer. I would NOT do it again. Blaze King will recommend you NOT do that either. If you cannot get local support I would suggest buying a different brand.. While I am VERY happy with the customer service that BK ultimately provided me, and the stove is performing very well now-- I cannot say I would take that chance again. I am NOT anti BK in any way, I just want you to hear the flip side of the coin. Good luck with your decision.

Jason

David Tackett likes this.
  9. Kevin*

Kevin*
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Nov 29, 2011
    Loc:
    Monroe, WA
    Ohhhhhh yeah, i still think it's magic.

PapaDave likes this.
  10. evilgriff

evilgriff
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 14, 2007
    Loc:
    Northern New Jersey
    Personally I drove 2hrs out of my way to another state, saved over 700.00 compared to the closer dealer. I am very happy with my stove and would make that run again any time as the dealer I worked with was excellent and reasonable. I understand this was a new model stove, but no reason for the local guy to jack up the price that much. It's his choice, this is America.

11. ernie

ernie
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 21, 2005
    Loc:
    Missouri
    Try calling us at Hechlers Hearth & Home in Troy Missouri. We have been selling Blaze King for years. We also keep quite a few Blaze King parts on hand. Www.hechlers.com
    Ernie

12. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete
    Guest 2.
    NULL

So I am not the only one ! We had that problem too when we where looking for a stove but not just BK it was everyone. We ended up calling dealers to see what they had in stock and ignoring the websites.

Pete