Trouble installing lux thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

riffrocker

Oct 13, 2011
southern,nb
Hey guys, recently bought a Lux Pro PSP511LC thermostat for my Ps45 Warmland. Anyone else running one of these thermostats?

When I switch the stove over to the hi/low setting the fan turns off on my stove and the word fan keeps flashing on the lcd of the thermostat....not sure if I wired it wrong...instructions are useless...any help would be appreciated heres a pic of how I wired it
20151024_080058.jpg 20151024_080134.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no fan connection to the thermostat. The hi/lo feature won't work. The thermostat will only call for heat to the stove.

There is no fan connection to the thermostat. The hi/lo feature won't work. The thermostat will only call for heat to the stove.

I should have been more clear. My stove doesn't have a separate fan control...it's always on. Higher or lower depending upon the heat setting.. .but it seems to have turned it off completely regardless of the heat setting.

I should have been more clear. My stove doesn't have a separate fan control...it's always on. Higher or lower depending upon the heat setting.. .but it seems to have turned it off completely regardless of the heat setting.

Hi riffrocker! I have the same type T-stat that I use on My Enviro M55. All I can tell you is that when my stove is put in the Auto position, "all functions of the t-stat work perfectly. But in the Hi-Low position and using the T-stat, I can only raise or lower the stove fan, nothing else. I think certain other stoves/t-stat act the same way in the Hi-Lo position. Bill

Is the thermostat set for gas not electric? Make sure JP1 is set correctly. I don't know if will matter or not, but that is what I would check first.

Is the thermostat set for gas not electric? Make sure JP1 is set correctly. I don't know if will matter or not, but that is what I would check first.

You
Hey guys, recently bought a Lux Pro PSP511LC thermostat for my Ps45 Warmland. Anyone else running one of these thermostats?

When I switch the stove over to the hi/low setting the fan turns off on my stove and the word fan keeps flashing on the lcd of the thermostat....not sure if I wired it wrong...instructions are useless...any help would be appreciated heres a pic of how I wired it
View attachment 165051 View attachment 165052

View attachment 165051 View attachment 165052
i believe the littlt jumper going from rh to rc needs to be removed

Remove the jumper wire mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.