Trouble with attaching vertical stove pipe to my house.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dansteelerfan

Jan 24, 2013
I've recently bought an Accentra Harman Pellet Stove.

The installation went pretty smoothly....except for one thing.

The vertical pipe (outside of the house) is 15 inches away from my siding. I am not aware if there is a product that I can use to attach the pipe to my house. I'd like for it look nice and of course be very secure.

In the mean time, I have used a thin flexible metal band that is typically used by plumbers to attach the pipe to my house. It looks pretty bad.

Can anyone help?

Welcome Dan. I would use the marlo extender. It is odd looking but is very solid. I am not sure if they can still be found, but I have seen them before. Good luck.

I had the same situation. In order to have no seams inside the thimble I had to use a 2' horizontal out the wall, which left me about about 12" from the siding.

What did was order an Duravent adjustable wall strap, the strap and the base are two separate pieces that are fastened using a bolt. I just cut a piece of aluminum bar to length for each side and drilled holes at either end to fasten to the strap and the base. took about ten minutes and it looks great.

I cut some pieces of the trex composite decking - and used three stacked together to bring out to the proper distance to attach the pellet pipe.

100_3335.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.