Trouble with older pellet Stove. Hope someone can help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim772

Dec 23, 2008
MD
Hello, I was on this site last year and learned a lot of good info. Hopefully, it can help again. I have an older model pellet stove. Its a Paragon 5440. At least 8-10 years old. The stove only runs on lower 2 settings. If on a higher setting it runs for 20 minutes or so then cuts off, filling the house with smoke. If set on the lower settings it will run for days at a time. Last year I replaced the Low Temp switch. Thinking this may be a High temp switch problem. The other problem I may have is I don't think they make replacement parts for this stove. If I need a new switch, are there any that my be comparable or maybe bypass the switch all together. I wish I could afford a new stove, but not possible now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks to all in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.