Troubshooting stove won't start

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

psuwiggs

Oct 20, 2013
PA
Having an issue with my quadrafire pellet stove. Thermostat clearly is calling for heat, but the stove does not start. The call light is not on and pushing the reset button yields no action. The stove has power to it because when I unplug and plug back in it goes through its startup cycle.

This has been an problem for about a week now, however the other night it miraculously fired up on its own, but only went through one heating cycle and then shut down and never started back up.

Any suggestions?

If no call for heat, the stove will not start. Try shorting the tstat wires together, to see if call light will come on. If it does then its your tstat. If still nothing, try resetting control board (pull out of its slot, check the pins for cleanliness and re-install). If still not going, it could be a wiring harness issue, or control board would be a possibility. But if no call for heat (red call light), nothing else will happen. Good luck

Reactions: Bioburner
Two things > 1. BEFORE pulling out the control board, UNPLUG THE STOVE!!!! If you don't, you will probably be buying a new control box!
2. If your thermostat has batteries, replace them. Even if my thermostat is saying it's calling for heat, the batteries can get weak enough to not pull in the relay to complete the circuit to turn on the red call light. Also, if that doesn't work, do what stovelark said and put a wire between the two terminals AT THE STOVE. If the light comes on, then your wiring has broken somewhere, batteries dead, or thermostat dead.

Also, put the model of your stove in your 'signature' for all to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.