troy bilt hydro filter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clearblue16

Jan 14, 2009
Seattle
anyone know the best way to get a new hydraulic oil filter for a troy bilt log splitter? the model number is troy bilt 723-0405...i bought the splitter at lowes but haven't checked to see if they carry parts like that.....is it some universal filter made by many people? thanks

I bought one for my Huskee at the local Napa. Huskee even lists part numbers for several different brands in the manual. I would think yours is pretty generic, too.

I have a fram on my speeco, I change it every 3 years or so...

May as well just use an old gym sock. I wouldn't use a Fram filter on even a lawn mower I didn't care about!

I have a car that I always used fram and never had an issue, but it is a honda. I just installed a fram in the wife's rx300 but my brother-in-law works @ toyota and sent me a few oem's my way after I had purchased and installed the fram.

I like the new ones with the grip and they should be built to meet or exceed manu.

Now I have never used one in a hydro situation so I don't know if there would be a difference.

If you have the same Splitter as mine in my sig then look for the NAPA 1259, it is a hydro filter. http://www.globalfleetfiltration.com/313293_1259_NAPA_Gold_Oil_Filter.html Here it costs 6.49 but it'll probably be double that with shipping. I just go to NAPA it's about $11. If your lucky and want to search you may be able to find it shipped cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.