Troy built and Cub Cadet same splitter?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfk4th

Minister of Fire
Feb 8, 2007
NY
I am getting close to going to try to get a deal like many people have done but here are some questions. I think I only need the "smaller" splitter either by Cub Cadet, Troy Built or Huskee. I have a friend who is a manager at TSC so a good deal on the Huskee could be coming but I also like the Cub Cadet and Troy Built, even the Crafstman looks good. I am thinking the Cub, Troy and Craftsman are pretty much the same thing. I can't spend anymore than a thousand, maybe that is even too much. I only split about 10-15 face cords a year so I can't break the bank during these tougher times

What do guys think, I am going to try to get the Troy Built for less than a grand at Lowes and the Huskee for way less. I don't think on the Cub Cadet I can get a deal though. Are all three MTD models?

those are all good splitters I would give your freind a shot at the good deal!(troy built for less than a grand wow thats a great deal)

JFK, Cub Cadet, Troy Built or Huskee = MTD.

I would buy from TSC if I had a buddy there...even for a few dollars more cause if you run into a jam he'll help you work the system.

In the past I may have spoke harshly about MTD...but what are you going I admit I'm prejudiced. And they're are marginally worse products than what MTD puts out.

My understanding is that the TSC Huskee's are NOT made by MTD, but Troy-built, Cub Cadet, Yard-machines, Crapsman, and most of the others are MTD machines. I wouldn't take an MTD snowblower or lawn tractor as a gift, but I don't think their splitters are all that bad...

Gooserider

thought the husky's are made by speeco

Stevebass4 said:
thought the husky's are made by speeco
That sounds right, I'd forgotten who made the TSC machines, just new it was NOT MTD...

Gooserider

i saw that thread~!! it's great that a MFG / Carolyn checks the boards and gets praise from customers

cub cadet has some upgrades over the troy built, diamond plate fenders, upgraded hitch jack and tail light package. these upgrades dont justify the additional 300.00 price tag

Stevebass4 said:
i saw that thread~!! it's great that a MFG / Carolyn checks the boards and gets praise from customers

Steve, Ya know I didn't know what to make of that at first but I recently found out that SpeeCo is one of the ArboristSite sponsors. Still I would think they would handle any claim the same...there's no better advertising than the spoken word of us average Joe's.

Status
Not open for further replies.