Troybuilt 27 ton splitter vs Huskee 20 ton Splitter?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelthomas

Feb 10, 2006
Hello,
Does the troy built really have a 19 second cycle time? Seems too slow? Any opinions on either machine as far as quality, reliability and ability to split? What would I get from the troy built that I would not get with the Huskee? Thank You

michaelthomas said:
Hello,
Does the troy built really have a 19 second cycle time? Seems too slow? Any opinions on either machine as far as quality, reliability and ability to split? What would I get from the troy built that I would not get with the Huskee? Thank You
19 sec would be a full cycle,but I dont ever need to go the full cycle. Usually only need 6-8 in. then hit the return back up and hit another one.(thats on a 18 long)

michaelthomas said:
Hello,
Does the troy built really have a 19 second cycle time?

Mine took 21 seconds when I timed it today, but it was cold.

Seems too slow?

Not too bad. Some times I stack the splits while the ram is on the return.

Any opinions on either machine as far as quality, reliability and ability to split?

This is my first season with the Troybilt and I am happy with it so far. It has split everthing that I have asked it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.