Truck Bed Cargo Unloader

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
with a lot of weight on there I doubt you would crank anything out of the bed. Would work nice for small light loads but I don't think that would work for firewood

with a lot of weight on there I doubt you would crank anything out of the bed. Would work nice for small light loads but I don't think that would work for firewood

+1, The image in the ad looks like about 100# of gravel. Anyway my rounds roll out by themselves... My problem is controlling the unload.

KaptJaq

Reactions: swagler85
Yeah, it would work great for yard debris, leaves, mulch, a small load of gravel, etc. Anything that'd be a pain to sweep out. No substitute for a dump bed, though.

I know we are talking Pick Ups but ,here is, unloading my tilt bed trailer.
Roll em out but ,watch yer toes :)

Attachments

• IMG_20130509_200413.jpg
    IMG_20130509_200413.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 504
  • IMG_20130509_200434.jpg
    IMG_20130509_200434.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 507
I know we are talking Pick Ups but ,here is, unloading my tilt bed trailer.
Rool em out but ,watch yer toes :)
Nice, I need to build sides for my flat trailer so I can do that

Those hand crank bed unloaders just do not make it for any type of weight. Just haven't got a gear ratio anywhere near high enough. My only experience was with an acquaintance who had one, full load of #2 crushed stone, we ended up shoveling most it out by hand, could not push the crank around, do not know mfg of unit.

Nice, I need to build sides for my flat trailer so I can do that
It really does make it quicker and easier unloading, I use a hookaroon for less bending over, then kick em out

I just climb up in the truck and toss or roll the all of the rounds out in one shot, then climb back down and organize. No need to climb up and down a half dozen times. It's not like you can put anything very heavy in your F150, anyway.

When I'm retrieving big (500# and larger) rounds, I always rent a tandem-axle trailer. No need to break my tailgate rolling those monsters out.

Jofull I was thinking the very same thing. I climb up there once. And work my way from tailgate to cab or will get open top and throw it all out from top down. That is when I am unloading this truck. In the ranger the wood makes it squat so low I reach in and roll it out or lift it o er the bed sides.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375817134257.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375817134257.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 272
Status
Not open for further replies.