True North (Pacific Energy) TN 40 Pellet Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ARGlock

Feeling the Heat
Aug 24, 2010
Arkansas
Would any of you fine folks know anything about the True North TN 40 Pellet Insert? A friend is interested in purchasing a lower priced unit for his 1,400 sq ft home.

Looking forward to hearing any input on this unit.

Thanks!

AR

From their website, not available yet ... Pacific Energy is usually a decent product but haven't seen anything on the pellet stoves.

Has anyone seen a PE TN40 pellet stove? Any news about them good or bad? Thanks!!

We sold 27 last year and it's been a nightmare. I have been a year and can't pinpoint the problem. Something on the board is getting hot and failing. It's a feed rate issue. The board looks good we just can't find the component that's failing. And it isn't on all of them. I took a board to a 40 year experienced tech and he is helping us now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mt Bob
We sold 27 last year and it's been a nightmare. I have been a year and can't pinpoint the problem. Something on the board is getting hot and failing. It's a feed rate issue. The board looks good we just can't find the component that's failing. And it isn't on all of them. I took a board to a 40 year experienced tech and he is helping us now.
Wow.Who makes the board?Is the replacement board holding up?

Way cool,thanks dude!!

Jeff dont remember but the night I stopped and got pellets i showed him the MFG name on the board. Lmao. And you welcome Bob

Reactions: Mt Bob
This afternoon we had another customer call with the same problem. The stove will be burning fine and then it will stop feeding pellets. Just before it goes out it will dump a pile. On setting one and two it will usually go out and on the higher settings it may or may not keep burning. Something's failing on the board under heat.

Transformer may be a good candidate date for a heat related issue. The hotter it gets the more resistace it will have and it does supply the low voltage switching power for all the triacs, ie auger function, blower function etc. just a thought.

Last edited:
This afternoon we had another customer call with the same problem. The stove will be burning fine and then it will stop feeding pellets. Just before it goes out it will dump a pile. On setting one and two it will usually go out and on the higher settings it may or may not keep burning. Something's failing on the board under heat.
LOL awesome,again,already.Does stove return to normal,after cooling down?

Lol going to be alot of happy charter boat captains on the st lawrence river this summer, jeff’s going to have plenty of boat anchors. Cant toss em all in the creek.

Wow!!! Just wow!!! J, you have scared me on the True North pellet unit!!! So you are saying I shouldn't bring any in at the moment for customers? I was hoping it would be a good unit at this price point. Thanks!!