TrueFuel on sale at the HD today only (4/28)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats an awesome deal.

I finally talked my father into using this since he never winterizes his small engines and it stopped all the "I cant figure out why my weed-eater wont start" phone calls .

How long will it last in storage in an unopened can?

EDIT: Never mind, I found it. 2 years opened, 5+ years unopened.

Since I normally buy 5-gallon cans of VP Racing's SEF 94 for $88 plus tax, this will save me $4.27 per gallon. I just bought ten cases!

Last edited:
Im watching this thread, is there a lot of threads on this topic? I did a search and didnt come up with too many.
I felt like I asked a dumb question about the octane/running hot business.
Another product with the 92 octane rating. But the 6 pack looks like one gallon. That comes out to be 20.00 a gallon for off road fuel. Ouch.
I know...all those additives are really pricey. And Im sick of the shelves in the barn being full of all that stuff.
Startron is one Ive never heard of and I will look for it.
If it stabilizes fuel up to 2 years that is a very good thing.
All of that seasonal equipment sits.

Thank you, with free shipping as well I just bought some. Great to have around when you need the saw to work but don't have any gas. Especially if a tree falls across the driveway and it is a long walk to the station.

Reactions: Applesister
Im watching this thread, is there a lot of threads on this topic? I did a search and didnt come up with too many.
I felt like I asked a dumb question about the octane/running hot business.
Another product with the 92 octane rating. But the 6 pack looks like one gallon. That comes out to be 20.00 a gallon for off road fuel. Ouch.
I know...all those additives are really pricey. And Im sick of the shelves in the barn being full of all that stuff.
Startron is one Ive never heard of and I will look for it.
If it stabilizes fuel up to 2 years that is a very good thing.
All of that seasonal equipment sits.

The six-pack is 6 quarts. Gallon and a half for $20 is a bargain.
The VP Racing stuff is 94 octane, and I think the various other branded mixes (Stihl, Jonsereds) are in the 94-95 range. But I have had good luck with the TruFuel before.
Startron is what I use for non-premix fuel additive for mowers and generator and it is good stuff too. Almost any auto parts store or farm place carries it.

The six-pack is 6 quarts. Gallon and a half for $20 is a bargain.
The VP Racing stuff is 94 octane, and I think the various other branded mixes (Stihl, Jonsereds) are in the 94-95 range. But I have had good luck with the TruFuel before.
Startron is what I use for non-premix fuel additive for mowers and generator and it is good stuff too. Almost any auto parts store or farm place carries it.
Yeah, that is what my BIL said, about cans being quart sized. Its a great idea what Chazcarr said about keeping some cans of that premixed stuff on hand for emergencies.(with its long shelf life) But its not practical for my specific situation. Although in the long run who knows.
And I did have some Startron additive on the shelf in the barn. I never paid any attention to the name. They are light blue bottles, right? I sprinkled some in with an old can of gas for the farm tractor. It says on the bottle it can rejuvenate old gas. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.