"Try Before You Buy" pellet fuel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gbreda

Minister of Fire
Aug 3, 2009
Lakes Region, NH
Now this is the way that all pellet dealers should operate.

Southern Maine Renewable Fuels is running their Try Before You Buy program again.

Choose any 4 bags of their product for 10 bucks!! Currently have Okies, Cubex, Maine Choice and Barefoot.

Kind of a Pellet Pig Pu Pu Platter :lol:

Cant beat that with a stick !!!!

http://mefuels.com/specials.html

Oh yeah, fellow pellet pig warning....limit 1 deal per houshold per year :roll:

From their newsletter

"Have you ever wanted to try several bags of a particular pellet without committing to an entire pallet?
Do you wonder how BioBricks or Envi Blocks will burn in your woodstove or fireplace?
Southern Maine Renewable Fuels will continue its popular and affordable "Try before you buy" campaign this fall.

For $10.00, purchase four bags of wood pellets or a package of each of our Bio Products (BioBricks, Envi Blocks, Cozy Logs, Home Fire Logs) to burn in your appliance. This is the best way to evaluate for yourself the various products that we have available.

Limit one bundle per household per heating season, please."

gbreda said:
Now this is the way that all pellet dealers should operate.

Southern Maine Renewable Fuels is running their Try Before You Buy program again.

Choose any 4 bags of their product for 10 bucks!! Currently have Okies, Cubex, Maine Choice and Barefoot.

Kind of a Pellet Pig Pu Pu Platter :lol:

Cant beat that with a stick !!!!

http://mefuels.com/specials.html

Oh yeah, fellow pellet pig warning....limit 1 deal per houshold per year :roll:

Looks like Jim and Bob want to meet some new folks.

SmokeyTheBear said:
Looks like Jim and Bob want to meet some new folks.

Think I will try and meet em over the next few weekends. Been wanting to try Cubies and Barefoot. Will be good to check out Maine's Choice too and see how they are doing this year.

I wish they had that deal when I first started burning pellets. I got a ton of maine woods and then had to sell them on craigslist.

I can see some pellet pigs going back over and over... dressing up in various disguises, fake beards, in drag, etc. to get around the "limit one per household" clause.

Last season I took advantage of the Southern Maine Renewable Resources try before you buy offer.

I was so pleased with the owner's knowledge and customer service, as well as the inside storage and good delivery options, that I bought this year's pellets from him as well as some Bio Bricks ( on special ) for the Tarm boiler.

Hmmmmm . . . . Wonder what disguise ( as Summit mentioned) I will have to use this season to get the the $10.00 special.

Perhaps it is one per household per season . . . . ( Just kidding.)

Seroiusly, Both Bob and his son are great to do business with. Two thumbs up!

Ranger

j-takeman said:
I just picture summit and ranger in drag! I think I'm gonna be sick. :sick: hehe!

I was thinking of you when i posted that, jt.... the pellet pig himself!!

I can double dog guarrantee that Ranger in drag would NOT be a sight any sane person would wish to see.

Ranger

the old ranger said:
Last season I took advantage of the Southern Maine Renewable Resources try before you buy offer.

I was so pleased with the owner's knowledge and customer service, as well as the inside storage and good delivery options, that I bought this year's pellets from him as well as some Bio Bricks ( on special ) for the Tarm boiler.

Hmmmmm . . . . Wonder what disguise ( as Summit mentioned) I will have to use this season to get the the $10.00 special.

Perhaps it is one per household per season . . . . ( Just kidding.)

Seroiusly, Both Bob and his son are great to do business with. Two thumbs up!

Ranger

Ditto!

Bob is the Bomb!

Status
Not open for further replies.