trying something new with dolmar 421

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

duramaxman05

Minister of Fire
Aug 17, 2014
Perryville, Mo
I think im gonna try something with the little dolmar. I am gonna put a full size 3/8" drum and sprocket off a 510 on it and a 3/8" 16" bar on it. I will run a skip tooth chain also. The saw has a lot of grunt for its size. If it works the I would only have to have 1 size of files to carry.

I was thinking about a skip tooth just because it would be easier to pull. And it would be a semi chisel or regular round cutter chain. I have access to old chains that I could make shorter just to test it out.

By all means, then, try it out. That's just been my experience limbing with a 28" bar ;)

I bet it will pull full comp just fine.

I agree with you on the kick back part of it. Its winter time and there just isnt much for me to do when I get home and when the weather is bad. I like experimenting with stuff. This set may not even work. I will never find out unless I try. I like being the guinea pig on stuff like this

Reactions: jeff_t
Status
Not open for further replies.