Trying to decide

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

siriustock

Dec 2, 2010
Saginaw Mi.
OK here is the deal i have been looking at getting a harman p43 from my local dealer the price is $2650 he also has a PC45 that was used in the showroom and comes with a full warranty and he will sell it to me for the same price as the P43.. so i really dont know what to do..If i buy the PC45 i can take it home that day. The P43 i have to order it and it will take two weeks to get.....So what would u Do???

Get the Heatilator eco choice ps50 if you have the chance.

Given the two choices, I would have to say that it depends.

Do you ever plan on exclusively burning corn? If so, then get the PC45.

Otherwise, get the P43. And you can run up to a 50% corn mixture in it, if you ever choose to do so.

Also, go to Harmanstoves.com and download their $100 off coupon, for new stove.

If you want a "pretty" flame get the P43. If you want a stove that can burn sand and gravel get the PC45, Both awesome units. If you want to save $1000 get a Heatilator. You do not have to clean a Heatilator ****legal disclaimer for you dogooders****

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
If you want a "pretty" flame get the P43. If you want a stove that can burn sand and gravel get the PC45, Both awesome units. If you want to save $1000 get a Heatilator. You do not have to clean a Heatilator ****legal disclaimer for you dogooders****

Eric

ROTFLMBFBAO

I looked up heatilator and it shows that the same dealer im going threw handles them also.. but all he wants to show me is the Harman stove. must be a bigger mark up on them. He says i wont like any of the other stoves. Harmans the best

IMHO, Any dealer that refuses to acknowledge other brands doesn't deserve you business, ESPECIALLY if they are a dealer for the other brand.

Furthermore, out this way, a P43 can be had for under $2500.

Put the name of all three stoves in the "search Forums" This link https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/62586/ and others might shed enough light to help you with your selection. If it were me, while the name Harman is very temping. (kind of like having a fancy car in the yard), When it comes to something practical, like getting heat and performance, I give careful consideration to those insightful postings here that come from the voices of experience. They are among the most professional and unbiased ones you will find anywhere.
You might want to get going on it. Tax credit will expire at the end of this month. I think you have to take possession of it and "claim" it as installed by the end of the year in order to benefit from the tax savings which is considerable.

Here in NYS Harman P43 2699.00. (Isn't this the same as a P38+ but with different control panel? ) EcoChoice PS50 1699.00. My dealer Harman/Quad, had these in the "back" room, and I happened to come across them while browsing. It was, oh by the way we also have the EcoChoice. Had another dealer go over the stove in depth. Choices....

Well i went with the P43 they sold the used PC45. It will be in on Monday and ill be installing it Thursday on my day off. wish me luck.. Ill take some pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.