Trying to deside on a boiler Woodgun E180 vs. Vigas vs. Biomass 80

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow4days

Aug 29, 2011
Mid Michigan
I am looking to get a gasification boiler. Up until yesterday I thought I had it figured out, but I got a couple of suggestions to look at other boilers. Now I am a little confused again. Something I didn't know was how you need to clean out the chambers, not just the ash. Making the woodgun maybe the easiest to care for. Thanks for any input. :)

Snow4days said:
I am looking to get a gasification boiler. Up until yesterday I thought I had it figured out, but I got a couple of suggestions to look at other boilers. Now I am a little confused again. Something I didn't know was how you need to clean out the chambers, not just the ash. Making the woodgun maybe the easiest to care for. Thanks for any input.
I can't argue against any of those three, but you may want to have a look at Varmebaronen if ease of cleaning is high on your list.

http://smokelessheat.com/Varmebaronen.aspx

The brand wasn't available when I got mine, but I saw their boiler stand option before I got mine installed and it seemed like a good idea. When placing my boiler I had it suspended with come-alongs and found a height I liked before building a stand. Ended up 23 inches up off the floor, which is very nice for loading the firebox and emptying the ashes. It also provided a bunch of space below the boiler for placement of near boiler plumbing and components.

Look at the web site for ahona.com Itahs a video on firing and cleaning.Not to mention the lambda control.

What are you heating with it? Sq ft and all that stuff?

I have an E-180 and my house is 5 years old well insulated, 4000sf and I live in eastern Canada. Are you sure the 180 is large enough for your 7000sf home.

Status
Not open for further replies.