trying to figure out if a first gen Fischer grandpa bear can used in oregon legally

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cul8rby

Feb 8, 2015
Tulalip
trying to figure out if a first gen Fischer grandpa bear can used in oregon legally in a already used location and can they be certified???

No it can't be certified. Is this a new home purchase? If so, the stove was supposed to be removed.

Are you in Tulalip, WA or OR?

I think it's technically illegal to sell them as well but there all over craigslist. I think if you are the original homeowner you can use them but you can't install it or sell it.

I think it's technically illegal to sell them as well but there all over craigslist. I think if you are the original homeowner you can use them but you can't install it or sell it.

Government telling you it's illegal to sell your own property - lovely.

To the OP - Call your insurance company and ask them what they require on your end when installing a wood stove. Plus, who are they to know what kind of stove you already had there? I think you had it there for years >>

Reactions: bobdog2o02
Last edited:
I think the OP is selling in WA state. Washington forbids sale or installation of residential indoor wood stoves that are exempt from EPA regulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.