Trying to find information on potbelly stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobyroo

Dec 10, 2013
Shakopee, MN
An album of the stove http://imgur.com/a/BS9KZ
I recently drug this home from an old craigslist ad and was curious if it was a reproduction, and if not how old it might be and is it missing anything? I didn't pay much for it, $50 as I was just looking for something to heat an external garage but this seems a bit too nice for that.

On the front it says "Hercules No 315"
Along the sides "Great Western Stove Co. Leavenworth, Omaha & Denver"

There seems to be a decent amount of info on the net for Great Western itself but the only reference Ive been able to find of the Hercules is in a book from 1892 titled "O'Rorkes Stove Repair Key"

thanks!

Looks like an original with a bad enamel krylon paint job. Looks as it it was made for a boat or something though as it is rather small.

Looks like a coal parlor stove or maybe a railway stove?

Status
Not open for further replies.