Trying to get this darn pipe installed and having issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2009
midwest
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I'm spending my day trying to get my new pellet stove hooked up and I have an issue. I bought simpson duravent pelletpro pipe from dynamite and everything was going very smoothly until now. I have the 4PVP-T3 3 inch increaser T, but it won't go into the back of my stove. The stove is a US Stove 6100 with a 3 inch flue vent straight out of the back. The T has a much larger collar on the outside that I pulled off to expose the stainless inner with the orange o-ring....for the life of me I can't get it on the stove. Anyone have any ideas?

Well I dunno, that thing doesn't look any better than what I have. I consulted with them for several days before I ordered and he put the parts list together on everything that he said I needed. I informed him that my stove was a 3 inch out. Here is a pic of what I have going on. Does the t go on the inside of the stove pipe, or around the outside? I was able to start it going around the outside, but I noticed that it won't be able to slide in there but about a 1/4 inch because of the crimp made in the pipe for the o-ring to sit in.

Attachments

• 1126091433 (Small).jpg
    1126091433 (Small).jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 276
Well after more research it looks like I do need the appliance adapter....SOB I can't believe he didn't tell me that.....what a waste of a day!!!!!!!!!

oleladyneedsheat said:
Well after more research it looks like I do need the appliance adapter....SOB I can't believe he didn't tell me that.....what a waste of a day!!!!!!!!!

that's strange, perhaps it got lost in the talking or something. I ordered my piping from them and Sean was very helpful all the way and he knew what he was talking about, he told me I needed the adapter, so again something happened in the translation I guess.

Good to hear you're all set.

Same here, the experience overall was wonderful....up until this point. Worst part is now I have an open flue that I taped a bowl over until I can get the part...tomorrows friday so I won't have it till wednesday prolly unless I can get one local tomorrow.

oleladyneedsheat said:

Well, not to be a PIA, but it wasn't the guy at Dynamite's fault.....it was yours. I told you back a few weeks ago that you needed an appliance adapter....guess you didn't believe me.

See post #15 on this thread:
www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/46009/

Well being a professional in the business he should have known what I needed considering I asked him for help. In my business when someone asks me for a bid I include every single thing they need without question regardless if they seem to know what they need or not. That's why they call me, I am the professional in that instance same as he is in this one. I know you told me that I needed that, but he never said a word about it so me being a trusting person I ordered every single piece that he told me I needed. I asked for a turn key list and that is what I got. Sorry my tone is sour, but I kinda have a case of the raw ass considering all the time I spent on it today with not really much to show for it :(

any local stove shop should carry that line.. otherwise.. work on other things until it arrives, or order overnight from somewhere. I would ask dynamite for free overnight, or would shop elsewhere IMOP.. best of luck.

Anka

That's my thinking as well...fixing to go out to the shop, fire up the waste oil heater and do some welding on a frame I am stretching :).....I am gonna try to get it locally tomorrow so I can button this project up lol....the only problem is that when I went to them a few weeks ago for help they acted pissed I didn't purchase a new stove from them and have them install it. I have already emailed dynamite asking them what part number I need to complete it so I will hopefully get that my tomorrow morning and take it from there. Thanks for all the help!

Dont let your local shop bully you. They need the money, and you will spend plenty of money there in time. Just walk up and ask for the part. Or find another local shop, as I did... LOL.

Anka

Haha, I don't let anyone bully me I am way to big for that lol

I just give everyone a chance to sell me something and if they don't want it, the hell with um. I try to value each and every potential customer who walks in to my business, but I don't always get it....thats life.

Status
Not open for further replies.