Trying Vermont's tonight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmountvernon

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2011
SE Mass
Suppose to get to the 20's over night. Will see if they can keep up with the demand by morning.

I wish I could get ahold of some Vermonts. Or Okies, or Turmans, or.......

Gonna run my furnace with my worst pellet (Green Labels) :) Keepin it toasty warm and still at a bag a day. :)

Reactions: jtakeman
I started burning my Vermonts on Sat and actually had to turn back the room temp on my Harman. IMO you will like them.

26::F here now n. mass, le us know how they do.

Tossed a bag of McFeeters in the hopper tonight. Great heat from these bad boys, but I can see the ash building up real quick-like. Think I"ll move on to the Vermonts soon and use the McFeeter's as we head back out into shoulder season.

You'll like 'em, My Favorite pellet.
---Nailer---

I wish I could get ahold of some Vermonts. Or Okies, or Turmans, or.......

Gonna run my furnace with my worst pellet (Green Labels) :) Keepin it toasty warm and still at a bag a day. :)

Still chuggin along with the GT's for now. Not cold enough for the good stuff yet. Cubies on deck with Hamers in reserve. Gonna need some more shoulders if it stays warm. Hate burning the good stuff if I don't really need to. Yep, I'm cheap! :p

OMV, what did you think of the Vermont's. I have a ton that I haven't tried yet. I have been burning up some Energex American. Middle of the road pellet.

No question they gave good heat BUT i cant fairly judge right now my son topped off the stove last night with a different pellet. With that said it didnt keep up as much as i would of liked woke up to 70 which is fine but should of been more like 75. Was 30 outside Will make sure to load the stove myself tonight and try it again suppose to be a mirror temp again tonight. Sure wish that didnt happen i would of ran the Somersets tonight for a perfect comparison of outside temps

Well they didnt do as well as i expected. Woke up to a chilly 69 but i guess it went down to 15 last night and is 24 outside this morning. Threw in a bag of somersets and changed to sunflower setting got it back up to 72 and rising. Cold week ahead guess the pellet eating sunflower mode is where its gonna stay this week .
Not to take anything away from the Vermonts they are hot im sure if i changed to sunflower with them i would of had the same results. Vermonts will run tonight on sunflower see what morning brings

The Vermonts I bought off Craigslist are....CRAP. Fine for a shoulder pellet but not a "true winter" pellet. On the 3 setting on my OE Mt Vernon I can't get the temp above 70. Going to the quad setting made no difference in temp. Will start mixing the vermonts with timber heat to use them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.