TSC brand Pellets - seem great so far

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisWNY

Feeling the Heat
I picked up a ton of TSC pellets the other day and have burned 1 bag. They produce a lot of heat, there are nearly NO fines in the bags, and they're chopped up nice and short. The manager at TSC stated that they had a company that began making wood pellets exclusively for TSC a year ago, and that this year they should have a plentiful supply and higher quality pellets. They were going for $209/ton in my area which is the exact same price HD is charging for crappy Nation's Choice pellets. I took some photos...

IMG_3474.JPG

IMG_3475.JPG

IMG_3477.JPG

I took some clearer photos using my Canon rather than my cell phone. I took close-ups of where the pellets are manufactured/distributed. Definitely impressed with these pellets up to this point.

Welcome to AgriRecycle - Established in 1997
AgriRecycle is a design/process engineering and construction management company.

We specialize and are experienced in:
Wood Pellet facilities - for the domestic and offshore biomass thermo energy markets.
Organic Fertilizer pellet facilities - for the residential and commercial agriculture fertilizer markets.
Energy crop pellet facilities - for the commercial thermo energy markets.
Soil amendment pellet facilities - for the residential, golf course and commercial agriculture markets.
Commercial and residential biomass heating projects that utilize central boiler systems.

The TSC employee here in TN told me the same thing, that TSC paid a company to make pellets for them to resell. I thought it was BS but guess he wasn't lying.

What TSC did you get them from? I may get a ton before the snow flys.

From the TSC up in Lockport, NY. They had at least 30 or so tons in their storage yard area. I may go back for another ton later in the week. I have about 2 tons in my basement at this point. Wife and I can get a ton stacked in the basement in about 15 minutes - I unload the pallet out of my truck and slide 2 bags at a time down some boards on the basement steps, and she stacks 'em. The TSC pellets have a nice hardwood scent - can definitely smell hints of maple and oak when I crack open the bags. I bought a couple bags last weekend before going for the ton - knew as soon as I opened the bag that these pellets were decent quality. We'll see how they hold up once the temperature really takes a dive when Winter hits. Very little ash from the first bag.

My TSC has MWP(not bad) and GS's(meh). Will have to check some others to see if they have these. Sounds like they may be worth a pellet hunt! ;)

My TSC just got a load of MWP. (Highland, n.y.) They have had Allaghenys and Instant Heats. Anyone remember Hardwood Heats ? Loved them and wish they would restock those. Stove thought they were yummy. (Hammers)

Doggy

TSC near me has Cheat River made by Appalachian Wood Products, tried a few bags and seem OK. I'll keep a watch for above

Status
Not open for further replies.