TSC equine pellet bedding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years ago, the depot had some pine pellets (Stove kind)
These were bagged under the Heartland Brand name.

We stocked in about 5 ton and they were great.
House smelled good too.

Any more we keep a small amount of pellets for the Quad, just in case we need it, but run almost entirely on the shells.

The bedding pellets are a tad more crumbly, but will do in a pinch, LIKE WHEN ITS COLD

just picked up 2 bags to try. local TSC has TONS of them so if need be, ill grab some!

gonna have to try a couple of bags of those ... if they have the softwood ones at my local TSCs

I'm going to try them out because it might be the only softwood I can get ahold of around here plus it will give me some reference on burning another type of pellet. I've only have one ton of ProPellets which were good hardwood but had some long pellets and Somersets. I did do a 50 / 50 corn / pellet mix which burned good so far. Worth a shot I'd say but Somersets are easily obtained here so why flirt with possible disaster????? Curiosity might get the best of me.

well, i bought 2 bags and let my "sets" pretty much run outta the hopper, filled it up with about 20lbs of these pellets (mixed with corn also) and so far, ive dropped about 5 degree's at same setting i was on all day. outside temps have been fairly consistant to...however i know for a fact at about same outside temp on this setting, my home is much warmer. Usually end up turning it down a notch by now. lol Then up a tad before bed. But as of now, im mixing in some Sets'N'Corn with my Pine'N'Corn. haha. Not impressed here....just my 2 cents.

I grabbed 3 bags today of these also .. will give them a trial soon

I grabbed a couple of bags last night and will wait until I clean the stove to put them in - or for a really cold day.

Some of the bedding pellets come in 30# bags

Started to make very small hay bales for the horse crowd too. (Mother calls them idiot cubes)

Smaller likely means more profit and people can now load hay and horse supplies into their Smart Cars.;lol

Can't say as though any of my hay customers have 'smart cars' or Prius' or anything small. All my customers have at least a 3/4 ton pickup and most have a 1 ton King Ranch or Silverado.

Don't think you could even get one bale of hay in a smart car. Too big.

Status
Not open for further replies.