TSC in Rindge, NH re-stocked

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BradH70

Feeling the Heat
Feb 13, 2011
South West NH
I was at the Tractor Supply in Rindge, NH yesterday after work and they had just received a new shipment of pellets. They have Lignetics, a couple flavors of MWP and I believe Instant Heat. All are $214 a ton, no matter what is purchased. I was hoping that they would have the 100% softwood from MWP but they only have the mix and hardwood(?). Everything was still rapped up so it was hard to see some of the labels. I could not tell what the color of the Lignetics label was.

I'm going to swing back by tomorrow to see if they have opened any of the wrappings up and if they have I am going to get a few bags of the Lignetics to try.

BradH70 said:
I was at the Tractor Supply in Rindge, NH yesterday after work and they had just received a new shipment of pellets. They have Lignetics, a couple flavors of MWP and I believe Instant Heat. All are $214 a ton, no matter what is purchased. I was hoping that they would have the 100% softwood from MWP but they only have the mix and hardwood(?). Everything was still rapped up so it was hard to see some of the labels. I could not tell what the color of the Lignetics label was.

I'm going to swing back by tomorrow to see if they have opened any of the wrappings up and if they have I am going to get a few bags of the Lignetics to try.

The last I knew Maine Woods produces two kinds of wood pellets for burning in a pellet stove the first is a hardwood softwood blend currently it is a 65% hardwood 35% softwood blend and a 100% softwood pellet.

The MWP that they just received are in a white bag with a picture of a stove on it. The Lignetics are wrapped in tan plastic (quite well too I might add) so it was difficult to determine the color of the label and I didn't want to tear open the wrapping to find out. That would be bad pellet etiquette!

When I go back tomorrow I will take better note of what they have.

i dont know if they are different but the mwp i have have the picture of a cabin on them..
different bag same pellet???? i dont know....
i guess Steve at sibs is having a hard time getting the 100% softwood pellets...

roadking88 said:
i dont know if they are different but the mwp i have have the picture of a cabin on them..
i guess Steve at sibs is having a hard time getting the 100% softwood pellets...

They only did a limited run of the softwood, I believe they are in the process of or plan on doing another run.

SmokeyTheBear said:
roadking88 said:

They only did a limited run of the softwood, I believe they are in the process of or plan on doing another run.
a buddy of mine got hold of about 10 bags and he said they are great..
steve @ sib wrote this about oakies

ATTENTION: AS OF NOVEMBER 2ND, WE WILL NOT BE TAKING ANY NEW ORDERS FOR THE OKANAGAN SOFTWOOD PELLETS. IF YOU ARE ALREADY ON OUR WAITING LIST OR DELIVERY SCHEDULE, WE WILL HONOR YOUR ORDER ONCE WE RECEIVE OUR PRODUCT AND HOPE TO MAKE THOSE DELIVERIES OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS. FUTURE ORDERS WILL BE TAKEN ONCE THE SUPPLY CAN MEET THE DEMAND. WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE AS WE ALSO WAIT PATIENTLY FOR OUR ORDERS TO BE FILLED.

i guess everybody wants 100% softwood pellets......

I bought a ton of Instant Heat from the TSC for $204 about a month ago. They are OK, lots of carbon build up and the ash is weird. When it builds up in the burn pot it gets hard, like a clinker...I dont know. For that price though i figured what the heck.

Stopped into TSC over the weekend and now they have Lignetics in the white bag with green letters for $214, thinking I might grab a bag or 2 to test out...anybody tried them?

I bought a ton from TSC in Skowhegan. Lots of dust. Lots of ash in the burn pot. I wouldn't buy them again. I rate them about the same as the junk walmart sells(pennington's).

The TSC store near us has the Lignetics with the blue lettering. Is there a difference between the green and blue lettering? I grabbed two bags but don't have a pellet stove yet to burn:( Hoping to try these out on Tuesday when the stove gets installed!

hotdawg said:
The TSC store near us has the Lignetics with the blue lettering. Is there a difference between the green and blue lettering? I grabbed two bags but don't have a pellet stove yet to burn:( Hoping to try these out on Tuesday when the stove gets installed!

The last time I saw info on them, the blue lettering was the lower quality of the Lignetics line (besides the Presto Logs). I have 2 tons of Lignetics in the basement I bought from TSC and a private seller, but both are Green lettering (1 all hardwood, 1 hard/soft blend). Burned a bag of the blend already just to see what it would do, and I was happy with it.

Do the burning of the Blue lettering to test them before committing to any tons. You might want to grab 2-3 more bags to add to the test, considering that you are new to pellet stoves....it will take 2-3 bags until you start to get a "feel" for how the stove burns.

Thanks for the advice. I'll go grab some more tomorrow. I had called them ahead of time to see what they had in stock yesterday and they said Green Supreme, Maine Woods and Instant Heat. When I got there they only had the Lignetics for sale in the single bags. I really wanted the Green Supremes to try but they wouldn't break the pallets. I'll update when I burn these Lignetics. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.