TSC selling bulk pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
Just looked at their new ad. Save $10 per ton if buying bulk pellets.

chrisasst said:

It's their way of saying "(50)-40lb bags". But the $10 coupon is good.

Did they say what the ton price was?

oh hang on I guess I was reading it wrong. the ads says buy in bulk and save. buy 50 bags or more and save $10 per ton....
it shows a picture of loose pellets, not a bag...

macman said:
chrisasst said:

It's their way of saying "(50)-40lb bags". But the $10 coupon is good.

Did they say what the ton price was?

I know my local tsc selling them for $265. not sure what brand. Online show somerst or something like that.

chrisasst said:
I know my local tsc selling them for $265. not sure what brand. Online show somerst or something like that.

Don't know what the "going rate" is for pellets in your area Chris, but even w/ the coupon, $255 isn't a great price....a little above what I think it should be for your area, IMO.

macman said:
chrisasst said:

Don't know what the "going rate" is for pellets in your area Chris, but even w/ the coupon, $255 isn't a great price....a little above what I think it should be for your area, IMO.

I couldn't agree more, but what can one do...

The going rate around here seems to be 279-299 per ton except for Cubex which are 315

Just saw 240-ton in south central Pa. He had Turman, Potomac, Pa Pellets, O'Malley. I bought 2 ton Turman and 1 ton Pennwood off the same guy for preseason deal and paid 250 ton. Looks like pellet prices are creeping down, here in Pa.

So I just called my TSC and asked what brand of wood pellets they have. The person answered the phone did not know so she put some guy on the phone. He said he didn't know and put the phone down. He came back on and said he didn't know what brand they are but they are premium hardwood. WTF...seriously..

I was just at TSC and they had a ton of pellets outside and the price was $250/ton

Status
Not open for further replies.