TSP Grenade

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbythesea

Nov 28, 2012
Southern Maine
Here's something I started doing to make it a little easier to get the tsp into the fire. Since I like to get the chimney hot before adding the tsp, sprinkling is not so easy. Especially on my old stove that was front loading. So I made these little grenades that can easily be tossed in. here are some pictures showing the oregami required. They're a little bright, but should give the idea. If anyones interested, I'll try to write a better description or answer questions.
1. get a piece of paper (8.5x11)
2. fold 1/3 of paper up from bottom
3. fold in half the other way (the "long" way)
4. open up and pour tsp into a pocket formed by the folding
5. fold in half the long way again
6. fold tsp up
7. fold end into an "arrow"
8. insert arrow into a pocket. Not easy to see in photo.
9. press tight. You're done.

Attachments

• TSP Grenade 01.jpg
    TSP Grenade 01.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 118
  • TSP Grenade 02.jpg
    TSP Grenade 02.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 127
  • TSP Grenade 03.jpg
    TSP Grenade 03.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 140
  • TSP Grenade 04.jpg
    TSP Grenade 04.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 143
  • TSP Grenade 05.jpg
    TSP Grenade 05.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 115
  • TSP Grenade 06.jpg
    TSP Grenade 06.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 110
  • TSP Grenade 07.jpg
    TSP Grenade 07.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 125
  • TSP Grenade 08.jpg
    TSP Grenade 08.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 109
  • TSP Grenade 09.jpg
    TSP Grenade 09.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Congratulations! You've now had your name entered to our NSA watch list since anyone using words such as "grenade" in an online posting is automatically flagged.

P.S. I hope you don't have any travel plans this holiday season that involve air travel!

Reactions: CenterTree
Congratulations! You've now had your name entered to our NSA watch list since anyone using words such as "grenade" in an online posting is automatically flagged.

P.S. I hope you don't have any travel plans this holiday season that involve air travel!

LOL. At least some part of the government is paying attention to me.

Top Secret Postings

Status
Not open for further replies.