Tuckers Stoves Allagash. pictures and questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tobaccogrower

Jan 9, 2010
Suffield Ct
how many of you have ever heard of a tuckers allagash? they were made in fostor, rhode island. good ole usa! the stove was orignally set up in a fireplace. i think all the previous owner did was open the chimney flue and used the stove. there was no flue pipe coming off the stove. my father and i converted it to accept 6 inch pipe and i used it in my uninsulated garadge for several years. i actually took a 20 foot section of irrigation pipe and set it over the 6 inch collar. drafted great!

i've since moved this stove down in my new shop. it's 1300square feet with a 14 foot bay. this stove works very well heating this space. imho it's very efficient also. only requires 2 med splits to matain 400* stove top for 3 hours. i'm only burning 12-14 splits per 8 hour day.

setup is 10 feet 6 inch straight up to a 45*, then a one foot section to another 45*, then 17feet of 7 inch double walled. about 27 feet all together.

this setup pulls a wiched draft! so much so i'm only supplying a tiny bit of air to maintain 400-500* stove pipe about 18 inches above the stove. first fire was a bit scary using the old pipe from my wood furnace. there was a light coating of cresolte that lit and burnt right off! i took all that old pipe down and replaced with 10 feet of new black stove pipe.

what is a safe temp for me to run this stove at? i'm trying to keep it crusing at 400-450* but i do see temps in the 500-550 range twords the end of the burn. i'm constantly opening and closing the air depending on what stage the burn is at. its strang because when i had it set up in the garadge i let it rip with air wide open and would stuff the stove. if i did that now i'd burn the property down!

heres some pics. please feel free to critique!

Attachments

• stove pipe 1.jpg
    stove pipe 1.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 571
  • stovepipe2.jpg
    stovepipe2.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 548
  • stovepipe3.jpg
    stovepipe3.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 563
  • stovepipe4.jpg
    stovepipe4.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 552
  • stovepipe6.jpg
    stovepipe6.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 771
anyone?

Never heard of that one, but looks like a nice ol' stove!

nice stove! There was one of those that showed up here in a thread a year or so ago. Do you use both blowers?

Status
Not open for further replies.