tundra/heatmax owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics might help here too. Multiple 5" take-offs off an 8" trunk won't hurt things. But one 8" trunk going to one 5" vent is another thing. Might be stuff getting lost in translations here....

Yep I reduce to 5 inch

I think you'll help us if you can more accurately describe your ductwork. The above quote could likely be your problem.

So if I understand this right, you have two 8" "trunk" lines running the length of the house, and then 5" runs off of that going to the registers?

Whereas the above quote could work well.

Clarification would help.

Reactions: TheBigIron
I'm using side to side. About the ductwork my main run is 8 " then I have it branch off from that to my rooms
If that's the case then dampers should be on the 5" runs or have closable register vent covers

I wonder if you can get a Tundra with a door handle on the left side? You know for right handers. That and the cheesy ash pan door setup are the worst in my mind.

I ordered the kit with the furnace back in Feb 2014 , the disc on the top is a newer thing
I ordered the kit with the furnace back in Feb 2014 , the disc on the top is a newer thing
i
I wonder if you can get a Tundra with a door handle on the left side? You know for right handers. That and the cheesy ash pan door setup are the worst in my mind.
hi do u have your furnace install yet. i dont now how i can get the picture the guys sent to me to send to u .

I wonder if you can get a Tundra with a door handle on the left side?
No. They said it would cost too much to make it a left/right door. Trying to make a pricepoint for retail stores and all...
That and the cheesy ash pan door setup are the worst in my mind.
You can get a PSG Caddy, same furnace only more HD and have to get from a dealer, 'bout twice as much $$ too.
I don't think most people even bother using the ash drawer, kinda like on the newer stoves that have ash drawers, same set up

Last edited:
hi do u have your furnace install yet. i dont now how i can get the picture the guys sent to me to send to u .
https://www.hearth.com/talk/attachments/image-9-jpg.152938/ this one?
https://www.hearth.com/talk/attachments/image-png.152895/
image-png.152895
or this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.