Tundra Wood Furnace Usage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzard

Nov 20, 2014
Michigan
I know that I cant get an exact answer, but was thinking about purchasing one of these stoves and was questioning the amount of wood that i would use in a year. I have a 1200 sqft ranch home insulated well farm fields for a mile on all sides in lower michigan. Any help or advice would be appreciated new to the wood furnaces.

About the same as a wood stove, (Kinda) Much less than the old furnace though.

About the same as a wood stove, (Kinda) Much less than the old furnace though.
I have a small napoleon stove in my living room, but doesn't heat the whole house only certain areas. I only burn 6-8 face cords a year running stove non stop from oct to apr just wasn't sure what to expect with the new style furnaces.

With a house that size and how it's insulated, I wouldn't be suprised if you only burned 3 or so cord. They hold a good coalbed for quite some time, and I highly doubt you would need a full firebox for it would roast you out of the home.

I did read the large post on the tundra stoves and sounds like they work well with a little modification. I see that the problems were fixed with the fire box but still planned on not using it don't use the one on my stove now. After running your stoves for a while would you guys still recommend on changing the limit switch to 105 and 90.

I did read the large post on the tundra stoves and sounds like they work well with a little modification. I see that the problems were fixed with the fire box but still planned on not using it don't use the one on my stove now. After running your stoves for a while would you guys still recommend on changing the limit switch to 105 and 90.

That there is unique to each unit. My sensor may not be located the same as yours. My high limit reads 220* about the time my fan sensor reads 110*

Ok, I had read that a lot of people were switching it on the tundra wasn't sure if it was same on the new one's. I guess I will run it with the stock sensor and see how it performs. I appreciate all the help and any other information you would give to a furnace newbie.

Reactions: cornfused
Status
Not open for further replies.