Turman Pellets, has anyone used them?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

valentine92

Mar 31, 2008
Lehigh Valley, PA
Cozy barn also has Turman pellets in stock has anyone ever used them? I forgot to ask the price. Treecycle pellets are still $225 a ton if you pick them up yourself.

I been burning Turmans for 2 years.. they seem to be a hard wood.. burn very clean with little white ash. I get no clinkers with these pellets. I have a Castile and a Santa fe and the Turmans burn great in both!!

valentine92 said:
Cozy barn also has Turman pellets in stock has anyone ever used them? I forgot to ask the price. Treecycle pellets are still $225 a ton if you pick them up yourself.

I called Cozy yesterday, they said Turman's are $250 a ton.

$250 a ton is a good price for Turmans. I burned them this past season and loved them. They were my best pellet. Bought a ton again for this winter of 09. They burned very clean in my Harman Advance. I bought some O'malleys to try for the upcoming season also, but I bet the Turmans will probably out perform them in quality.

Some folks have complained that their Turmans were very long but I had no problems in my bottom feed auger system.

My cousin has been burning them for 2 yrs and really likes them. I just bought 4 ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.